The module definition
Definition: a Module is a positive number called the number, modulus of a negative number is a number, its opposite, module zero is zero.
Examples of location module
The geometric meaning of the module
Set cut .
Definition: On the coordinate axis module is the distance from the origin to the point representing the given number.
Definition: the absolute difference of two numbers i is the distance between points and on the coordinate axis.
- (Modulus of any number is non — negative)
- (Modules of opposite numbers are equal)
- (The amount doesn't exceed the size of the module)
- (Module works dorwn the product of the moduli of the factors)
- (A unit fraction is equal to the modulus of the numerator divided by the module of the denominator (if the denominator is not zero))
- (Module does not exceed the amount of the sum of absolute terms)